Wednesday, January 10, 2018

OPAM 2018


Good morning….

OPAM 2018…

my gorgeous partner in crime Kris has twisted my arm again…well not really twisted…LOL

anyway this is what Kris has posted on her blog……


And speaking of looking forward to a yearly event ... To the "Beginning" mentioned in my title. A few of you lovely OPAM gals have been asking whether my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg & I would be running OPAM again this year. Well ... It was a bit of a debate ... Our numbers have been dwindling as more people leave blogging behind to cross to what Chookyblue calls "The Dark Side" ... I.e. Facebook, Instagram etc & Sweet Peg & I have been aware of climbing postal costs ... But so many of you have told us how helpful you find OPAM to give you a bit of a nudge off the couch & into the sewing room. What to do!

We finally decided we'd run it again for 2018 ... But with a bit of a difference. This year we'll keep the monthly tally going & tell you all how many exciting finishes there are each month, but there won't be a prize draw. So ... OPAM will still be here to encourage us all to spend some time creatively, but there won't be prizes sent out ...though I AM working on a little idea that I'll share with you once I work it out.


So ... Sign up for OPAM 2018 will be towards the end of January, so make sure you stay tuned to our blogs for the sign up announcement.


Happy Wednesday…

take care keep real safe…

and most important be happy

Peg

Related image


12 comments:

  1. Such a shame blogging has eased up. I always enjoy reading and seeing what others create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peg you and Kris do such a fantastic job of running OPAM,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peg and Kris, thanks for doing it again :-) My prizes are the objects I´ve finished !

    happy quilting
    Angelika from the most northern part of Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    ดูหนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    ดูหนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will keep an eye out for the sign ups, thanks Ladies. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s great news Peg. It keeps me motivated, I’ve just been really slack last year. It’s not about prizes, it’s about finishing things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m very happy with that news. In fact I LoVe OPAM each month as it motivates me to keep making and finishing projects...big or small... but finished!
    Dont need prizes...just the comraderie of fellow quilters. Thanks girls... xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am delighted to know that OPAM is happening this year. It inspires me to get things done and a prize is not necessary , it has never been my motivation. Thankyou both for running it again. I do jot have fb (and never will) or instagram and I love looking at blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy you're continuing OPAM. I don't need the incentive of a prize, just the motivation to get something done! Which reminds me, I've been sewing like crazy the past few days, but no finishes yet. Hmmm...I know what I need to do!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg